Homecoming Week!

By Harsha
It's been a week almost since I've done this
But danng what a week its been
Monday-Thursday I was so busy and and I was excited for Friday and Saturday!
But before that could happen, Thursday had to happen.
Thursday sucked. I can honestly say that was the worst day of senior year.
I hated it.
Then Friday morning came along.
I woke up and the anticipation built as the day progressed.
The 1st period Physics AP test was really easy and I thought that was a good sign for the day.
Then 2nd and 3rd period were devoted to the rally set-up. It was so fun, with everybody there
setting up and having a blast.
The rally came by. The rally games didn't go too well for us.
Then the results.......
who would have guessed that we'd tie with the sophomores.
Cheering ensued for the juniors.
Tears and broken hearts filled up the senior area afterwards.
The rest of day was gloomy for the seniors. Juniors laughed and smiled.
Underclassmen didn't give a crap.
We ( the seniors)_ made up our minds: we were gonna make our float the best one ever!
Once 3 o'clock hit, we all flooded to Cupertino High.
Everybody was so determined to get the float ready.
I could feel the determination in the air. We all worked so hard and passionately.
The HC Court came and they looked amazing.
I was so proud of those guys for all they've done and yet I was so happy to know such amazing people. I teared up (mostly for Keaton haha).
Then the game started and blah blah blah.
By the 2nd quarter, nobody cared about the game anymore. We knew we would win. We were all waiting for those results.
Halftime
The floats went around. Our float looked amazing. Dance and Band performed. The HC Court came out in T-Birds! that was so awesome!
They all looked amazing. Brian Miller and Vrinda Gupta were King and Queen. :)
Then during the 3rd quarter, Mueller announced the results.
4th place....Freshman ( no surprises there )
3rd place....Sophomores ( no surprises there either )
2nd place....................
juniors..
Then nothing else could be heard except the joy filled screams of The Class of '09.
"OH AH YOU WISH YOU WERE A SENIOR" x infinity and beyond
We all went back to the floats and it was the best moment of our lives. Our class couldn't have been happier.
I can't even describe it so I won't try :)

Yesterday was multifaceted emotionally.
Anticipation. Sadness. Anger. Determination. The happiest joy in our lives.
I along with my senior class felt all this. I wouldn't trade that for any thing else.
I loved HC. I love my friends. I love Class of '09. I love MVHS.
And at this moment, I love my life.
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?