Society Creates Pansies

By Harsha
Society is horrible.
Not because of its economic structure.
Not because of its high expectations.
Not because of its conformist movements.

Society creates fear within people.
And the fear I'm talking about isn't directed towards monsters or the unknown or anything like that.
The fear I am talking about is the fear to express love.
I have talked to so many people about relationships and crushes.
Yes, I know its ironic coming from a guy who's never been in a relationship but good and helpful advice isn't derived from experience.

There are two major cases I've observed:
Case #1:
Jane likes John. John acts really flirty with Jane. Jane doesn't know if John likes her or not and is too scared to ask.
I've seen this case so many times. It annoys me just as much the 5th time as it did the 1st time hearing about it. Like seriously, Jane. Ask John if he likes you! Now, when I say that, your reaction is probably "wtf? that could kill their friendship"
Think about it. If he says yes, then bam! A relationship. If he says no, the friendship is still there. The only thing is that people today make it awkward and kill that existent friendship. If he says no, then don't make it awkward Jane.
Case #2:
John likes Jane. He won't tell her because he's scared that their friendship will break. John...get over it. Tell her. Here are the possible outcomes of telling her:
-A relationship (one Extreme)
-A better friendship than before
-Nothing changes (middle)
-Nothing changes but both of them make it awkward so that everything changes and that the friendship dies. (other Extreme)

I know alot of you will be like "ok Harsha...you keep thinking that." and you are disagreeing with me. But, next time you fall into one of these situations, try my advice for yourself. You'll like the results.

"It's only as awkward as you make it to be."
 

3 comments so far.

  1. Keaton October 19, 2008 at 11:05 PM
    Thanks for that Harsha...hahaha
  2. vk! October 21, 2008 at 11:14 PM
    haha :)
  3. Unknown October 22, 2008 at 6:14 PM
    u my boi harsha

Something to say?