Whole Jumble of Things

By Harsha
Ok so this is gonna be a fatty post so for those of you who don't have the time or patience, you have been warned.


Colleges.
Seniors be trippin' about'em.
There's so much I wanna say about this topic. Where to start?

  • It bugs me when people apply to colleges that they know they'll get into just to see if they will get in. They could be taking a spot away from someone whose dream school is that college. And on top of that, they just seem arrogant for doing so. (Serena blogged about this in a MUCH better way than I did because she can actually write well and keep her readers interested. ^_^)
  • Colleges suck at picking their students. No offense to all of you who got in but I'm saying this based on the fact that some of my friends who DESERVE to be accepted were not and were passed over for someone who doesn't deserve to be accepted. I mean it's like "wtf colleges? way to pick..." Those colleges don't know what they are missing out on. To all of you who have experienced/are experiencing this, I say this truthfully: those colleges are missing out on having some of the most genuine people ever study there.
  • A lot of my friends are also freakin' out over where they're gonna be next year and their lives next year and in the future. They ask me how I can stay so calm? Well for a number of reasons: (1) I choose not to worry about my future too much because it takes away from living in the present. And whatever we do today will determine our lives tomorrow. (2) I believe in fate and I believe that we all have our own fates and I'm not going to waste away my life by worrying about what that fate is. I'm just gonna wait for it to come. (3) I know that I'll be successful and a good person no matter where I go. You all should feel this too, considering you're all better people than me.


Life

Now for this part, I wrote a poem:

Life was going fine.
Moving slowly along, like a straight line.

Just when I thought my parents had stopped,
Their arguments slowly decreased then dropped.
Life was going fine.
Too fine to be mine.

I was in my heaven
And I knew that hell was yet to come.
I didn't want it to be there
But it was what my life would become.

That's what my life is about: ups and downs.
It's exactly how it sounds:
Smiles followed by frowns.
My hell had started.
I rolled my ankle.
The pain was uncharted.


And when I came home I expected some peace.
To emanate around me

To help the pain decrease.

But all I got was same old, same old:

Parents arguing again
All their troubles start to unfold.

And now here,
At the desk where I write my rhymes from,
I put the headphones in
To escape this reality, so harsh and glum.
My hell has come sadly enough.
I knew it would.
But that didn't stop it from being so rough.
I would stop it if I could.
My heaven has passed.
My hell is here.
Sometimes I wish, I could live life on Earth,
With a path of no tears.




Birthday!
Today is the birthday of one of my dearest friends: Serena!
Happy Birthday Serena! :)
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?