I'm Sick Of It

By Harsha
I'm sick of it.
I'm sick of having to deal with it.
I'm sick of having to ignore it.
I'm sick of it.

I am talking about my parents arguing. My parents have been arguing a lot lately and over the stupidest things.
And when I say lately, I mean for around 6 months now. It's such a pain to deal with.
They argue and then they go to different parts of the house and just stay in irritated moods and I often ask them for something nicely and their anger, which hasn't been vented, gets directed towards me or my little brother but mostly me because I don't want him to take the heat so if he ever needs something I ask for him.

I am so tired of it.
If my dad leaves, my mom tells me her side of the story.
If my mom leaves, my dad tells me his side of the story.
And honestly, they are both being so stupid that logic cannot be applied here.

Them aside, think of the impact it has on me.
They're my parents.
They're my parents.
They're my parents and I have their genes. If they're showing that they argue like this, that worries me. I don't want to be like them. I don't want to be as aggressive or bickering as my parents are.
My little brother is already becoming like them so I don't know what to do.

It feels like I'm the only one in the family trying to hold us all together.
It's such a burden because it takes time, energy, and mental and emotional stability out of me to try and suppress this and try to make the situation better (which never happens).

I never wanted to give up on my family before but lately, they have been getting too overboard.
You know a lot of my friends want to go to college badly and I didn't because I wanted to spend time with them.
I never really found a reason to want to go to college.
I do now.
My parents. As much as I love them, I'm getting annoyed by them just as much.

It seems as though the majority of my happiness these days comes from listening to music, my friends (whether it be hanging out, talking, or chatting), and basketball.
My parents are losing their value to me. And those of you who are probably going "wow that's a bit radical", think about this.
Parents are supposed to be role models or at least people who guide you through life and show you how to lead a happy and/or successful one.
My parents just argue over stupid things. They don't do their job.
So, if they just cause me emotional and mental chaos, how can I honestly have the same amount of love for them as before?

And thus I end this rant with a thank you to my friends.
I love you guys for who you are, what you do for me, and for giving me the happiness that my parents have been unable to give me as of late.
Thank you. <3


On a different topic, here are two songs that I really like:

One Voice - The Bilz & Kashif
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX7ktZF6U4Q

Turn The Music Up - The Bilz & Kashif
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4TgmN65xvI
 

1 comment so far.

  1. Anonymous March 17, 2009 at 7:16 PM
    i'm sorry about your parents :[
    i know where you coming from

Something to say?