Why Am I So Nice/Sweet?

By Harsha
I was thinking while I was coming back home after school.
My friends always call me "nice" and/or "sweet". They just think that I'm a nice guy.
I never really thought about it until today but....why am I a nice guy? For what purpose?
I thought about this for a while and I came up with something.
I'm not nice so that I can ask for favors later. I sure as hell don't do that.
I came to the conclusion that I am nice/sweet for multiple reasons:

-I enjoy showing people respect, care, courtesy, love, and/or kindness.
It's more of the whole "Give respect, take respect" thing except that I never
expect anything back from the person, which makes me happy if they do return it.

-Past experiences in my life have taught me that negative emotions are like
trees: once they take root, they're hard to remove. I don't want my friends or family to have to experience that so I show them kindness and optimism in the hopes that those seeds take root in them instead.

-I show people that I care. I don't want any one of my friends to have to feel negatively by themselves. I want to show them that they can confide in me and that there is someone who has their back (and their heart too).

This was an interesting post for me. It might be boring for whoever is reading it.
I never thought about my kindness before. I just....showed it.

Sometimes, your actions need to be justified by a cause or a source. I never looked for or thought about that source until today.
Now that I've found it, my actions will only be more whole-hearted (not that they weren't before!...but now they'll have so much more meaning not only to you guys but to me as well).

An interesting coincidence I noticed is that when I am healthy/normal, I think about things that have to do with others a lot and well myself too but only because I'm related.
Today, I'm sick and I'm thinking about myself. It feels to think about myself so much. I haven't done it in a while...
 

2 comments so far.

  1. Anonymous February 26, 2009 at 10:12 PM
    HI HARSHA
    i lovelovelovelove you.
    you are the best & you always cheer me up.
    just letting you know that you are GREATLY appreciated :)
  2. Kunal February 27, 2009 at 3:49 PM
    harsha... you own

    nothing more to be said asides from thanks for being great to hang out with and all... good times indeed. remember to stay this chill.

    i guess that's why the name "hershey" befits you (answer to your question)

Something to say?