One Year Gone and One More to Come

By Harsha
2009.
The new year.
The year Class of '09 graduates.
2008.
The old year.
The BEST year of my life so far.
Possibly the best year of my life ever?

This past year has seemed so short when I was going through it but now when I look back, I realize how long it is really was.

Junior Year: Jan 2008 - Jun 2008

To think, this time last year I was a junior stressing and studying my ass off. I had fun 2nd semester junior year. Most people hated it because of all the work. I loved junior year, especially 2nd semester. More late night chats and study sessions with friends where we got no work done but experience many fun moments. Confessing to Tara after 2 and a half years was also fun haha. I don't regret doing it because it's allowed me to get to know her even better and for that, I am very thankful that I did confess. Thanks Tara :) The AP Tests happened this year. I loved those. The unity in the room between all the people when we took the AP Tests was just amazing and comforting, especially in APUSH. When we finished, we were ecstatic. Keaton & I hugged and we didn't let go. Then by that time a lot of kids were done with their classes and so we had a lot of fun.

My Junior Year schedule (for myself when I look back in the future):

1. Spanish 3 - Guadiamos
2. Physics H - Birdsong
3. APUSH - Platt
4. AP Chemistry - Gupta
5. American Literature Honors - McMillion
6. AP BC Calculus - DeRuiter


Summer: Jun 2008 - August 2008

This was actually an interesting experience. My mom and brother were in India the whole summer. So, it was just me and my dad. I spent June and half of July doing an internship at a biotech lab in Mt. View called Dx. Sys. Inc. That was interesting. My boss liked my work so much that he actually gave me 2 gift cards: a $50 one to Barnes & Noble and a $50 for iTunes. I used the first one right away on SAT books -___- and I still haven't used the 2nd one because I don't buy my music :D. I met some great people there and had fun moments. The 2nd half of July and August was just constant hanging out with friends. My dad went to work every day so he really didn't care where I went during the day as long as I came back home before he did. That was fun. Hanging out with people. Good times that I would give anything to relive.
Throughout summer, I was working out M-Th (on top of my 9-6 internship) and playing basketball Fri-Sun. It was awesome.

Senior Year: September 2008 - December 2008

Without a doubt, this one semester has been better than the other years of high school combined. My last birthday at MV was actually less celebrated than the other years but whatever. I'll still give gifts to everyone on their birthdays. My classes were all so fun. Except maybe spanish :P
BUT! The best part of this year came in this part.
Challenge Day
The best day of my life. EVER. No questions asked. I opened up my deepest feelings and secrets to people I didn't even know and I felt so fucking good. (sorry for those of you who don't enjoy swearing but honestly I'm on such an adrenaline rush right now that I want/need to swear to calm down) I told all 150 people about my deepest darkest incident. People who knew me as an optimistic, immature, annoying kid were shocked. I saw people cry. I saw people look at me, waiting for me to shout out "APRIL FOOL!". I told them about it. I opened up. Those people then started to see me as an optimistic, mature, and amazing person. Some of them called me their "hero". On top of that, I told the world the pains I went through to heal and that I wouldn't even be alive (physically and emotionally) if it wasn't for Keaton Chiu & Adrienne Young. Thank you so much you guys. I love you <3
Homecoming
Another part of this year that I have loved. The unity of our class that week was amazing. All the seniors realized that this was our last year and that we needed to show our pride and spirit and love for this school now or never. We came out to lunch time games and played. We came to floatbuilding and worked. Then came the rally. We lost it. The sadness the senior class felt was unmatched. We were all so down, even those seniors that acted "too cool" for school spirit. From that sadness came passion and desire: to win Homecoming. That day we all flocked to Cupertino High afterschool and worked on the float. Then, during the game, when the announcement was made that we had won, the seniors jumped and holla-ed and the air was filled with "OH! AH! YOU WISH YOU WERE A SENIOR!". That night, I felt the unity and pride in our class. I felt the uniqueness of our class. That night I realized that Class of '09 has such amazingness and potential to change the world that no other class will or can ever match it. After the Homecoming game on Friday was the Homecoming Dance on Saturday. I have to admit: it was my first HC dance ever and my best. The dance itself was all right I must say. It was after the dance that I had fun. My best friend & I each confessed to our respective crushes that we liked them. I confessed to Serena. I don't regret it. (P.S. Don't bug her about it. I'm only typing her name here sort of like a time capsule when I look back in the future, not to let the world know. I don't care if it knows. Please don't bug her about it. Or me for that matter.)
Then October ended with Halloween as always.
November came by and seniors started to get really busy with college apps, especially for UC's. The early applicants were done with their stuff for the most part. I didn't cram. I didn't do Early Decision. I was too lazy. I didn't stress or cram the UC App. I relaxed. I bet no one will remember in the future but I was not stressed AT ALL for college apps at all. November Break came by and what usually was a break spent on relaxing and starting the finals studying was spent doing college apps by the majority of my senior class. My Thanksgiving break went a little something like this:
-Wake Up at 2
-Eat lunch
-Play bball
-Shower
-Eat dinner
-Work on UC app til 10ish
-Chat with Keaton til 4 AM every night (being hopeless romantics :P)
-Repeat
That was honestly so fun. Keaton & I have the best chats ever. No questions asked. No competition.
December came by and finals happened. Seniors cheered on the last day. "WE'RE SECOND SEMESTER SENIORS....EXCEPT FOR COLLEGE APPS."
December break
was just relaxing and having fun with friends. We threw a surprise birthday party for Keaton, which was the highlight of the break for him and us. I got him a Rage Against The Machine T-shirt (tied with Audioslave & Linkin Park for best band EVER!)
Now, it is January 1st 2009.
I am going to graduate in 6 months.
I am making a pact though. In those 6 months, I promise to create as many memories as I can and put as many smiles on my friends' faces as I can and I promise to have as much fun putting those smiles on my friends' faces as they will getting those smiles.
I am going to fulfill the promise. I promise to fulfill this promise. (haha oh boy I see an infinite loop coming).

My Senior Year schedule (for myself when I look back in the future):

1. AP Physics - Birdsong
3. TA - Gupta
4. Spanish 4 Honors - Guadiamos
5. AP English - Javier
6. AP Economics/AP Government - Pelkey

That's a year gone. I want it back but I can't have it back. I am given a new year intstead. I'm going to use it to its fullest.

I shall close the first post of the new year with this:

To everyone who I have met, known, spent time with, talked, chatted, or even sat together in silence, THANK YOU!

I owe you all so much for all the smiles you've put on my face, all the times you've been there for me, and all the memories you've had with me. I could try my hardest to give you back all the love and support and good times you've given me but I could never give it back. Even if I had a hundred lifetimes or even if there were one hundred Harsha's, we still couldn't repay you.

Thanks for it all.

2008 is gone. 2009. Bring on the memories.
 

1 comment so far.

  1. Varada January 1, 2009 at 3:28 AM
    This comment has been removed by the author.

Something to say?