Senior Ball

By Harsha
The best night of my life.
Hands down.

Pre-Ball

Our group met at Neil's house: Neil R., Ashwin S., Brian M, me, Connie Wu, Annie Wu, Connie Ng, and Natasha D.
Such a cool group right?
We just chilled and watched parents record our stupidity.
Then we went to school for our pictures and then hung out and ate food.
It seemed like everyone else was having fun at that point except "us" (not the whole group but you can figure it out).
I felt really bad for being so boring. Sorry!
Then we got on the buses and it was pretty nice there. Annie didn't seem as bored anymore thankfully.
And then, we saw it. That beautiful huge boat next to a rowboat, which was apparently Lynbrook's boat. Says a lot. :P

Senior Ball

The best night ever. I'm repeating myself and I still can't get across how fun it was.
Dinner was all right. The ravioli was decent but kinda bland. Dessert was yummy. I fed Annie some cake! There shall be photo proof as soon as Katherine puts up pictures! >:O
Breaking it down to "Just Dance" was more fun for others than it was for me apparently. HAHA go figure.
Looking out at the bay at night with all the lights on and a full moon shining as we passed under the Golden Gate Bridge was beautiful. Almost as pretty as Annie was.
And you know what I realized? Telling a girl you like her after a long time and having her react positively to it is the greatest feeling in the world. Pure bliss. ^_^
Slower songs were my favorite ones, especially "Love Story". Taylor Swift is amazing.
Then, the night ended but not really. The bus ride back was nice. Annie fell asleep on my shoulder. ^_^

Post-Prom

We went to Donut Wheel and ate donuts. Annie and Connie and I split the donut and the milk I got. Milk never tasted so good. Seriously.
Then we all crashed at Neil's house and watched Alladin on sleeping bags.
I finally fell asleep at like 4 and woke up at 8:30. Then Annie left. That officially ended the best night of my life. I was so happy to have gone through it but I was so sad that she was leaving and that it was over.
I went back home and got into bed at 9. I was so tired. I got out of bed at 2.
However, I didn't sleep during that time. I couldn't.
I couldn't stop thinking about what a great time I had and how happy I was to see her smiling throughout the night. It was such a nice feeling. Sleep would only ruin it.
(Yeah ironic isn't it how the biggest sleep-lover ended up hating sleep for once?)
I got up and I wallowed over things. I wanted to go back and continue that night. I wanted to go back and be with her. I wanted to go back and be happy.
"Only 3 months left" kept running in my head.
Then I realized (thanks to Vyas) that 3 months is a LONG time.
Think about it. If you can make atleast 1 memorable moment a day with someone, think about how many you can possibly make in 3 months with all your friends.
But I want to make memories with that particular someone (thank you Sasha for giving me the push to go for it).
If you honestly have no clue who that is, go seek help.
Check Ebay for an auction on common sense.

That night was amazing.
Thank you to all of the people I had fun with that night: Vyas, Neil, Keaton, Connie, Connie, Ryan, Katherie, Brian, Kunal, Ilya, and especially Annie. You guys are the best :)
Best boat ride ever.
Best moves busted out by me ever.
Best person to go with. Ever.
 

1 comment so far.

  1. Andy Varshneya June 8, 2009 at 5:27 PM
    :) glad to hear you had so much fun at possibly one of the biggest events of senior year.

    and of course, pulling that "grown man move", as mark jackson would say haha.


    what are you doing this summer? we need a PHAT hangout session part II.

Something to say?